Who is Buhle-Betfu Carriers?
Thank you for reading through our company profile. Buhle–Betfu Carriers is one of a few success stories in broad base empowerment in the transport industry. It is not a forced BEEE initiative – that is the major reason for it succeeding in it’s objectives in broad base economic empowerment since 2002.
- 60% Local Cane Farmers Malelane and Komatipoort (635 growers)
- 40% Cargo Carriers Pty Ltd
Reasons for partnership
- Broad base economic empowerment to the people.
- Expertise within company with 50 years experience. Management and resources and transferring skills to Buhle Betfu Carriers.
- The location of the infrastructures at the 2 mills in cane operations.
- Management with Cargo Carriers but skill transfer into a system of self management.
- Capital availability based on history – financial institutions willing to fund profitable sustainable business unit.
- Insurance availability.
- IT solutions for different business requirements and applications.
- Business managed by board of directors appointed by partnership.
- The relationship between the shareholders is governed by a shareholders agreement.
- Board of directors appoints management team to ensure that business is managed according to shareholder expectations, contractual obligations and within the framework of cooperate governance.
- Overhead dilution – Share of staff and resources for better and cost effective management system between operations.
- Skill Transfer
- Community involvement and projects based on shareholding.
- Cane operations Malelane and Komatipoort. 12 vehicle – operation with loading outsourced.
- Sappi Ngodwana 24 vehicles express fleet to the mill. Responsible for 80 % of log deliveries to the Sappi mill.
- Buhle – Betfu received a Platinum Logistics Achievers Award in 2005.
- The first transport company to receive RTMS accreditation in Mpumalanga to date only 2 accredited companies.
- Rated as reliable transport company servicing the TSB mills in Komatipoort and Malelane.
- Expanding business from 15 to 24 vehicles at Sappi Ngodwana.
- Receiving special contractors awards Sappi 2010 for Safety and most innovative contractor.
Why do you need to embark in discussions with Buhle-Bertfu?
- Buhle – Betfu is ready to expand into new markets.
- Has a 8 – year success track record of BEEE.
- Bring 50 years of experience with it. See all the failures in the past years in the transport industry.
- Transport industry complex and competitive.
- Excellent delivery track record with the TSB and SAPPI mills.
- Skill transfer in one of the most difficult business environments.
- Capital availability through track record and business partners – MFS.
- Technical knowledge and management ability.
- Skill availability from Suppliers such as MAN.
- Buhle Betfu Carriers continually strive for improved performance by exploring innovative ideas and principles.